- Insurance company requires minimum age of 25 with a good motor vehicle record.
- Weekend work is a must, no exceptions. Many of the horses we transport move on the weekends, (if a weekend off is needed once in a while, it can be arranged).
- A close proximity to Millbrook, NY or Colts Neck, NJ would be preferred.
- Tractor Trailer driving experience is a must.
- Horse experience is a plus since that is what we transport.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of any crime including DUI/DWI. if you do have a criminal conviction and you have a waiver from the Canadian government showing that you are permitted entry, that is acceptable.
- On time performance necessary, tardiness is definite grounds for dismissal.
- Drivers are responsible for loading and unloading equipment that is shipped with the horses, this may involve some heavy lifting.
- Drivers are responsible for cleaning out the truck after shipment. So if you can't stand the thought of cleaning out horse manure, sorry.
- Drivers are responsible for basic maintenance of equipment, such as checking the oil, keeping the tires aired up, replacing light bulbs if needed (company pays for bulbs), getting the equipment in for service when needed.
- You must be able to work well with others. There are times when we run team operations to places like California, Calgary, Texas, Florida and so on. If you are not willing to run teams, then these positions are not for you.
- Communication is very important, if you do not have a reliable way of contacting you, forget it.
- Drivers complete trip sheets and ladiing forms.
- If after reading all this, and you are still interested in a position, give us a call, we would love to talk with you.
Transporting Horses with Quality and Care Fully Licensed and Insured
Currently looking for Part Time CDL Class A drivers to come work with us.
Copyright 2009 Beacon Hill Horse Transportation. All rights reserved.